Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Super...magic?

Recently I had the chance to watch "Batman Begins." I know, I'm way late to the game there, but I needed to watch it before I go see "Dark Knight." Watching the movie reminded me of the old days (OK, so not that long ago) when I read a number of superhero comic books.

So I wondered if any of my favorite heroes' powers could be duplicated by any of the magic I know now.

Here's what I've come up with.

Telekinesis: Any sort of PK or levitation. The Art of Levitation DVD and our Floating Bill package are two resources I'd look at. Also, try Dan Harlan's Financial Attraction for a unique hookup!

Invulnerability: Definitely, the Needle Through Arm. Also good if you wanted to demonstrate super healing powers. An Arm Chopper or Finger Chopper would work well, too.

Telepathy: Read minds. Freak people out. Our Simply Psychic DVD has got more than enough material to convince folks you are a genuine mind-reader! Mental Yarn would also be a very powerful tool.

X-Ray Vision: Well, we do have the X-Ray Tube. That might work. We've also got a clever card effect from The Magic Apple, called X-Ray Vision.

Super Speed: I suppose you could use a vanishing/production item - perhaps an Egg Bag, where you remove and replace the egg faster than the audience can follow? How about coloring a Coloring Book at lightspeed, then erasing the colors?

No comments: