Tuesday, August 19, 2008

David Goring's Exchange

Several years ago, the FUN staff gave me a prototype sample of The Exchange. We purchased the rights from Mr. Goring but didn't know how to correctly market the item. The Exchange came with no instructions. Gabe Fajuri gave me the sample and said,"what can you do with this thing." I fiddled with The Exchange for several weeks and developed many uses for the item. I then demonstrated many of the tricks to the FUN staff. The rest is history.

The Exchange has been a surprise success for us at FUN Incorporated.
Personally, I thought this item was so useful that it HAD to come with an instructional DVD. The DVD featured almost 20 variations of the gaff. The DVD even gave instructions on how to manufacture/fit your own Exchange deck. The DVD gave the deck a lot of value. The other day I went on youtube and stumbled on many performances of Mr. Goring's trick. Apparently, the trick has a following. Almost all the comments were positive. One magician even said,"finally, a not crappy card magician on youtube!" Flattering, but it wasn't just me.

It was the deck itself. Yes, I toss in flourishes...but that's because I can. The deck can be handled like an ordinary pack. No one would ever guess it's gaffed up the wa-zu. Make sure to check out my stellar demo! Although I've never spoken with Mr. Goring, I understand he's pleased with the final product. I'm very flattered the FUN staff kept me in mind for this project.

No comments: