Monday, August 18, 2008

Preparing for Houdini

Tomas and I are less than two weeks away from our appearance at the Houdini Club of Wisconsin's convention in Manitowoc. Tomas is a veteran of conventions; he's lectured and performed at several. This is my first time as a scheduled convention attraction, so I'm starting to get pretty nervous. All these magicians paid money, booked hotel rooms, and they get stuck with... me?

I plan on channeling that nervous energy back into my performances. I'll be in the close-up and stage shows, plus a lecture. The two lectures I've done around Chicago were well-received, so I hope I don't mess too much with what appears to be a winning formula.

My dear friend Mike Powers was lecturing in town this past weekend. Mike is now a retired professor of physics and mathematics, author of 3 books on magic, and an awesome guitar player. I caught the lecture, then had dinner with him and his wife, Maria Schwieter, who is a Chavez graduate and award-winning magician herself. A great time was had by all, so I thought I'd promote one of his products in the blog today.

---

Mike Powers' Diminishing Returns is one of the hottest card tricks ever created!

Now, it's back with a vengeance! On Bicycle Stock!

Here's what happens: Show the deck, faces and backs. A spectator names any card in the deck. Yes, any card. Remove the named card and set it aside, face up.

Spread the deck. The entire deck has shrunk to half size! The selected card is now the biggest card in the deck!
In a blink, the entire deck grows back to normal size, but the selected card shrinks to mini size! This looks wild!

Finally, the selected card visibly grows back to normal size! Wow!!

Diminishing Returns comes complete with a fully gaffed Bicycle deck (56 gaffed cards) and a typeset and illustrated manuscript. And, it's easy to do!! If you can spread the deck on the table, you can do this routine!

Plus, you get a free bonus, The Defective Deck!

Diminishing Returns



The Defective Deck - FREE Bonus with Diminishing Returns

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Good luck at the convention!