Monday, August 11, 2008

Back from Colon

I'm back from my trip to Colon, Michigan, and boy are my arms tired. The rest of me is, too. 4 non-stop days of magic, plus my additional responsibilities as a spotlight operator for all four of our big evening shows would turn anyone into a walking zombie when they got back to work on Monday. But, I'm glad to be back, and I'll have some photos in the near future.

My friends at www.streetofcards.tv were filming and webcasting from various locales around Colon, so check their website as they upload the footage in the coming weeks.


This was my first year on the Abbott's stage crew, filling in for one of the spotlight operators who just couldn't make it this year. All the stage crew members are performing magicians, giving us special insight into the needs of the performers.

The experience gave me a perspective on what goes on behind the scenes of a magic show, and a better idea of what the stage crew needs from a performer in order to put on a good show. I will definitely keep the experience in mind as I put together stage routines. They are the guys that really make the person on stage look good.

Stay tuned right here for more updates. I'll get the pictures up as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now its off to the Houdini.