Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's just like comedy!


There should be a book written about what's inside most magician's pockets.

At the time I have 4 half dollars, a thumb tip, and a thimble. My friends are always weirded out by what I set on the table every time I empty my pockets. Even my wallet is loaded with plenty of amusing tricks to perform at the spur of the moment.
I'm sure plenty of magicians have the pride and joy card living in their wallet. If anything, this little gag makes an excellent giveaway.
I know some entertainers who stamp their contact information on the back of these. These cards are great, even if it is a horrendous pun.


Another similar sight gag is the KID CARDS. Offer to show someone a picture of your kids. Open your wallet and yank out a picture - of two baby goats! Corny but still fun.

Sight gags and magic have always been a perfect match!
If you're interested in other zany antics to perform for friends, check out Pat Page's Book of Visual Comedy. You'll learn dozens of funny situations, stunts, and expressions that will have them rolling in the aisles. No special props or devices are required. For the most part, these gut-busters can be performed at the drop of a hat, on a moment's notice.

Have a fantastical April Fools Day!
Tomas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the first time i got a pride & joy card was actually lee jacobs business card. i still got it amongst all the business cards of many many people.

i don't have yours though.