Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun Magic Weekend

I had a great time at the Abbott's Close-Up Convention this past weekend. I was introduced to some lecturers I had not seen before, and learned a lot. I think I may have seen enough card tricks to last me for the rest of my life!

Gabe was also there, so we took a little time out at post-convention party to film some demo videos for Cameron Francis' Red Hot Prediction and for David Solomon's upcoming release, Thoughts Across. For Thoughts Across, I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say we had folks at the convention clamoring to buy one, even though it hasn't been released yet!

My favorite part of attending any convention is the time we get to just visit with each other, show each other some new tricks, and even get feedback on routines from magician we respect and admire. Having been a participant in the Michigan magic convention circuit for some time now, I always look forward to seeing the many friends I've made at these conventions.

I also had the opportunity to do a show while I was visiting my folks in Detroit. It was a charity gig, 2 hours of strolling and close-up magic. When I could, I performed The Royal Scam for the lay people, to see their reaction. Let me tell you, it was every bit as great as the magicians I had showed it to at the convention! Pick one up from your favorite dealer today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of attending any convention is the time we get to just visit with each other, show each other some new tricks, and even get feedback on routines from magician we respect and admire.

yep and trade stories of past and present and for the future.

will i meet thee john sturk at the
collectors??

John Sturk said...

I'll definitely be at the flea market, but I'm not sure about the rest of the time.

My sister's graduation is that weekend too...

Anonymous said...

We won't have a table at
the KoS this year. Just
at the collectors.

darn it.