Thursday, March 6, 2008

Books, Books, Books!

I'm a huge book nerd, especially for books on card magic. The new Nick Trost book, Subtle Card Creations Vol. 1, looks chock-FULL of clever stuff to impress your friends. Personally, I've always been a fan of Nick's 8 Card Brainwave effect. Please don't call me this weekend, I'll be studying.

Oh, and have you seen the new Bill Neff book from the S.S. Adams Company? Holy cow, it's awesome! Seriously, get some copies fast before it's out of print. I couldn't even imagine all the hard work it took to compile all the wonderful pictures and newspaper clippings. A must for magic collectors.

David Solomon's new book The Wisdom of Solomon will be available soon. Dave's new material is fantastic. I've been fortunate to session with him; he's a card magic machine!
He just keeps going! Best of all, they're all his original tricks. How on earth does he think of this stuff?

All the routines are top shelf, so get this book if you want to fry brains. So far I've been performing "Just Friends" (the first trick in the book) a lot. It looks like sleight of hand, but totally self-working. In fact, while first learning the routine, I fooled myself! I could see Michael Ammar putting this on an Easy To Master Card Miracles release. Again, how does he think of this stuff?!?!?

True, reading is like kryptonite to most, but demo this trick and people will be THROWING THEIR MONEY ON THE COUNTER to read the secret. Other recommended routines are "Oh Henry Jazz Aces" and the "Which Switch," which is a "worker".

FUN carries a nice line of books. In my next post I will expand on some forgotten goodie titles.

Oh, and how are my blogs? Is their any particular magical products/FUN Incorporated topics you'd like for us to expand on? We'd love to hear from you!

No comments: