Friday, October 24, 2008

Society of World Deaf Magicians

The only encounter I have had with a magician who is also deaf is my dear friend Ron Jaxon, of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Ron has got talent in spades - he's a creative consultant with Sean Bogunia, is a recognized authority on using Invisible Thread, and has some of the best card moves I have ever seen.

I figured that a magician who is deaf was quite rare. I was wrong.

Recently, Tomas forwarded to me the latest edition of Magic Hands, the newsletter of the Society of World Deaf Magicians. The organization connects deaf and hearing magicians worldwide, and hosts an annual festival with gala shows and contests.

I'm having a little trouble tracking down a website for the Society, but if anyone knows it, feel free to post in the comments.

No comments: