Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Doc Dixon hits the market

I had the good fortune to meet Doc Dixon in 2007 when I was the talent chairman for the Michigan Magic Day convention that year. Chris Capehart, Denny Haney, and Bob Little were our lecturers that year, and then it was recommended to me to book Doc Dixon. I recognized the name, but I had never met or seen him perform before. Doc drove all the way from Pennsylvania to Lansing, MI just to do our lecture, then drove back to PA the next day.

Doc's lecture was an absolute stitch! He definitely had me laughing so hard my eyes watered. Naturally, I got a lot of credit for booking him to lecture for us, and I was also smart in keeping in touch with him via email from time to time.

So when the time came that Doc was ready to release his book, he called to offer the book to us. I jumped at the chance. Doc's book, MonkeyShines Vol. 1, contains a lot of very worker-oriented material for close-up and platform. What else would you expect from a true worker?

I'm pleased as punch that we're able to offer this book out to the magic community at large, and give kudos to Doc for putting out a book instead of a DVD. Fortunately, Doc has put up a video demonstrating a routine from the book. Check it out below, and tell YFD (your favorite dealer) to get these in stock before they're gone!

Click here for the video!

No comments: