Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Magic for Any Occasion

A long time ago, I made a solemn pledge to use my magic powers for good, and not evil. Last night, I made good on that promise by helping a friend propose to his longtime girlfriend. The plan was for me to be doing a street performance at Buckingham Fountain (recognizable from the "Married with Children" TV show's intro), they would wander over, and I'd do a coin trick.

Then, I'd hand him the coin, he'd do a Bobo Switch, and produce the ring. It went well, although his finger palm needs some work.

She said yes.

Here's a quick photo I snapped with my camera phone.














Assisting with a marriage proposal is probably the most unusual request I've had for magic. Please share your stories of magic in unusual places in the comments.

No comments: