Thursday, November 20, 2008

Shameless Self-Promotion Department

In the shameless self-promotion department, I would be remiss if I did not blog about the book I recently authored, Mysterio's Encyclopedia of Magic & Conjuring. It's on shelves at most major bookstores, including Borders and Barnes & Noble and has been getting good reactions from magicians who've encountered it. The tome is some 360+ pages, and illustrated by Tony Dunn. It contains instructions for well over 100 tricks, including card, coin and close-up effects, The Cups and Balls, as well as parlor tricks and even stage illusions.

The premise is that I wrote the book after discovering the effects and notebooks of a famous magician who died in 1936, "Mr. Mysterio." Many of the descriptions in the book were supposedly drawn from Mysterio's notebooks and a manuscript he was working on at the time of his death. For fun, I mixed in real information about various magicians (Malini, Thurston, Kellar, etc.) Mysterio might have encountered during his illustrious career before the footlights.

I'm pleased with the end result and think budding magicians everywhere will be, too. If you pick up a copy, post here to let me know what you think!

No comments: