Monday, September 29, 2008

Restaurant Magic

I've spent the better part of the last two weekends substituting for friends of mine at their various restaurant gigs. Knowing that I worked a restaurant back in Michigan for some years prior to my move to Chicago, they were confident I'd do an admirable job.

Thinking about the way I used to do things, and how I've developed over the years, is an eye-opening experience. You truly can see how you grow and improve your act, performing the same routines over and over during the course of your shift.

Here are some of my personal recommendations for the discerning professional:

BKM Wallet: This classy leather wallet allows for the ever-popular Card-to-Wallet effect, be it a finale for your Ambitious Card, or an instantaneous card-to-impossible location effect. This wallet gives you the option to perform with a palm, without a palm, or even a card-to-sealed envelope!

5" Linking Rings: These babies are my bread-and-butter effect. Not only are they visual, but can be performed in a spectator's hands, inches from their nose, with no table required! They can fit comfortably in either your jacket or pants pocket. With the right routine, you can even perform surrounded! What more could you ask for?

Chop Cup DVD: Why carry around a bulky 3-cup routine from table to table, when you can condense it into one? The chop cup remains a mainstay in workers' repertoires for a reason. This DVD offers several routines, so pick the best parts from each one and create your own! We also stock a variety of chop cups.

No comments: