Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bamboozlers from Diamond Jim Tyler

Since I had the chance to see Harry Anderson's "Hello Sucker!" special from HBO, I've been interested in bar bets and con games. Not that I'd ever want to try throwing the Monte myself, but just to lift a couple of drinks from my closest friends. Simon Lovell published a book to the lay public called "How to Cheat At Everything" that's got several nifty little betchas, but Diamond Jim Tyler has got a real winner in his "Bamboozlers".

This elegant little book is pocket-sized for your jaunt to the pub, along with a ribbon marker and gilded silver edges. There's dozens of bets in there that'll be sure to keep your pocket jingling with your buddies' change. You might want to pad it with some of their bills to keep the noise down.

My personal favorite is an impromptu liquid suspension using a drink that you see everyday.

Here's DJ's vid on the book.

No comments: