Monday, January 28, 2008

New Stuff at FUN

Last week was a busy one for me, as we added several new items to the catalog. We now carry new DVDs from the Greater Magic Video Library, each featuring a different performer. The new ones we added are features on Roger Klause, Mike Rogers, and Bill Boley. We also added the GMVL's Our Best #3, featuring snippets from performances by Johnny Paul, Johnny Thompson, Jay Marshall, and others.

Last year, I had the brilliant stroke of genius to add a card manipulation routine to my repertoire. Unfortunately, I forgot how lazy I am when it comes to learning new material. That said, if I had access to some reasonable manipulation cards, I may have very well succeeded.

Vernet has brought us Manipulation Cards as well as Fanning and Manipulation Cards, ready for the aspiring manipulator to learn this classic branch of magic. To go along with the cards, you may want to consider Routined Manipulation by Lewis Ganson or the Shimada Manipulation DVD, also brought to you by the Greater Magic Video Library.

I'm going to take just one quick moment of personal indulgence. My friend AJ Olson has completed his first documentary film, Street of Cards, about the Abbott's Magic Get-Together and the village of Colon, Michigan. For those of you who have never been and wonder what it's like, check out this film. Plus, there just happens to be a scene featuring me performing Cups and Balls in front of the American Legion post. What can I say? I love a discerning audience.

No comments: