Friday, January 8, 2010

Sturk's Debut Project

Well friends, your prodding has paid off, and a new post to the blog will be my way of saying Happy New Year!

I'm particularly excited now, because we are ready to put the finishing touches on my debut project, called "Unconquered: Mastering the Three Card Monte." I'll be teaching three different versions of Deland's original PickItOut card routine, two with poker-sized cards, and a third using jumbo cards. Look for a trailer coming soon!

Second, we've got a new project in the works from David Solomon and his take on the classic Oil and Water plot. This one's a fooler for sure! If you're not familiar with Mr. Solomon, you may want to take a look at his two previous releases with FUN Inc., Knaves Gone Wild (one of Tomás' favorite tricks) and Thoughts Across.

Aside from these new DVD releases, I've been working busily on some technical changes to the FUN Inc website, including moving to a new, more reliable host server which will improve our website's speed. I can already hear the industry's collective sigh of relief.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to make it to a big magic convention this year outside of the Midwest circuit. IBM? SAM? Maybe even Blackpool? If you've got a suggestion, let me know in the comments.

No comments: